We Have the Tea on Lara Jean’s Lashes in To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
We Have the By now you have probably, like me, watched To All The Boys I’ve Loved Beforeon Netflix about five times. Released just this past Friday, it’s already reached Internet-breaking levels due to the fact that it’s an achingly-sweet, funny, and unproblematic teen rom-com that stars an Asian-American teen as its leading lady.
We Have the
Lots to unpack here. Based on the novel by Jenny Han, the film centers around Lara Jean, a typical boy-crazy but also boy-wary 16-year-old whose love letters to her past secret loves have unintentionally been sent to them all. Panic ensues…but also an incredibly sweet romance with her school’s hottest hot-boi, Peter Kavinsky, who has somehow inspired several adult women to lust after 22-year-old actor Noah Centineo or at least reflect fondly back on their own adolescences and their own Peter Kavinskys.
Look, it’s just a really good, sweet, and life-affirming movie and you should watch it. It’s on Netflix, it’s free, what have you got to lose?
We Have the
I’m not one to characterize who and who wouldn’t wear lash strips, but on Lara Jean, with her sweet-natured but no-bullshit demeanor (executed with aplomb by Lana Condor), those lashes gave some edge to what might otherwise have been your run-of-the-mill ingenue, who just has stuff happen to them.
I tracked down the film’s makeup department head Sharon Toohey to inquire what this whole lash situation was about. She confirmed that Condor was indeed wearing lash extensions, but “sometimes individual lashes were added in for certain scenes.”
Those individual lashes specifically were from M.A.C., which serves them up in the M.A.C.’s 30 Lash set, she mentions. The set has three different lengths, so you can get creative with dimension. You know, so maybe use the shorter ones for a study sesh, and break out those long-daddies for the ski trip.
If your lash budget is more on the weekly allowance level, however, Ardell also offers nice realistic-looking individual lashes for just $5.
- SAG Awards 2019 check out the full list of the winners
- Pat McGrath’s New FetishEyes Mascara Is Here, and It’s Perfect For Those Who Love Drama
- Innovative Mascaras Will Change the Way You Get Long, Full Lashes in 2019
- BFF Mascara Colourpop Is Launching Its First-Ever
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year