Urban Decay’s New Elements Eyeshadow Palette Features 19 Astronomy-Themed Shades
Urban Decay’s Where one legendary eye shadow palette ends, another begins. Less than a week after discontinuing the iconic Naked Palette to make way for “even more greatness,” Urban Decay has given us a first glimpse at some of that “greatness.”
On Tuesday, the makeup company unveiled its first post-Naked eye shadow palette, and it does not disappoint. Called Elements, the palette features 18 new shades in a wide holographic range — eight metallics, three mattes, and eight shimmers, according to an Instagram post on the brand’s page — and one “ultra-iridescent transformer shade” called Luna, which appears as a shimmery white in the palette.
While 19 new Urban Decay shades would be reason enough to celebrate, the packaging is fantastic, too. Featuring a vibrant abalone-shell-like print, it lays out all the eye shadows in a circle on top of an elemental glyph design. (It’s reminiscent of BH Cosmetics’s Zodiac Palette, introduced in 2017, which also featured a range of cosmos-themed shimmery shades collected in a circle around one pearly white highlighter shade in the middle.)
A tweet from Urban Decay, the Elements Eyeshadow Palette reads “Our NEW Elements Eyeshadow Palette has revealed itself in all its cosmic glory 💫 A constellation of 18 multidimensional shades orbit around Luna, giving you an eyeshadow palette to create otherworldly looks with😍 Coming to UrbanDecay.com Sept. 10!”
This isn’t the first galaxy-themed palette that Urban Decay has released. In 2016, the brand released a Moondust Eyeshadow Palette, which introduced eight new shades into its iconic Moondust range, otherwise sold individually.
Urban Decay is keeping other details about the Elements palette, like the price, under wraps for now, but we’ll update this story when we find out more.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills’ New Sultry Eye Shadow Palette Is Filled With Smoky, Autumnal Shades
- A Woman Sealed Her Eyes Shut After Using Superglue on Her Lash Extensions
- 7 Makeup Tips for People Who Wear Contact Lenses
- We Have the Tea on Lara Jean’s Lashes in To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Ariana Grande’s Makeup Artist Shares How She Creates the Perfect Cat-Eye
- I Tried a Viral Mascara Trick and It Made a Huge Difference in the Volume of My Lashes
- Gigi Hadid Debuted Maybelline New York’s Soda Pop Eyeshadow Palette at the 2018 Met Gala
- Urban Decay Is Discontinuing the Original Naked Palette, and I’m Not Crying, You’re Crying
- Too Faced Is Adding the Sugar Peach Wet and Dry Palette to Its Lineup
- Urban Decay’s New Elements Eyeshadow Palette Features 19 Astronomy-Themed Shades