This Viral Colored Pencil Manicure Is Freaking Everyone Out
This Viral Colored Just when my eyes had finally recovered from the horror show that was
“pimple popping nails,” yet another weird-but-also-impressive nail look is making waves online — colored pencil nails. And the kicker? They’re totally functional.
As Cosmopolitan reported, the look was created by Nail Sunny — the Russian salon behind many recent viral
nail trends that have been taking over your Instagram feeds lately. (Remember molar nails and blinking eyeball
nails?) And as with many of the salon’s other detailed looks, it’s not exactly an easy one to DIY.
According to a timelapse video, for this look, the nail artist began by extending the nails with acrylic tips, painting
each one a different shade of primary Crayola crayon. Next, the nails were dusted with a little bit of black polish
applied in an ombré technique to make them look more pencil shaped. Then, beige polish was applied at the tip
to mimic the wood of an actual pencil. Finally — and this is the most impressive aspect — the tips are made
from actual colored pencil lead underneath the nail.
nd yes, they work like IRL colored pencils.
“First day of school ready! 😮” one person commented on the post. Another user pointed out that while the look
isn’t the most wearable, there’s no denying that it takes serious skill to execute a look that complicated: “it’s not
meant to be pretty, it’s meant to show their talent and creativity.”
While it’s unlikely you’ll be able to do much else with them (aside from shock your friends), at least you know
you’ll always have a writing utensil (literally) on hand.
- SAG Awards 2019 check out the full list of the winners
- Pat McGrath’s New FetishEyes Mascara Is Here, and It’s Perfect For Those Who Love Drama
- Innovative Mascaras Will Change the Way You Get Long, Full Lashes in 2019
- BFF Mascara Colourpop Is Launching Its First-Ever
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year