The Sally Hansen x Crayola Collection Is Back — and This Time Around, It’s Metallic
Nail polish shade inspiration always seems to come from the strangest of places.The Sally From chrome rims to um, relationships, pretty much no topic is off limits in the nail polish world. That’s why Sally Hansen x Crayola is consistently one of our favorite collaborations — it takes colors we all know and love from childhood and turns them into bright, nostalgic polish shades. The two brands are continuing their run of “color authority” collabs with a new line of 12 shades, now available at drugstores.
This time around, Crayola dipped into a box of metallic crayons (because those exist now) for shade inspiration. The range pairs bright colors with metallic finishes for shades that go beyond the usual silver and gold. There’s “Metallic Seaweed,” a metallic teal; “Bittersweet Shimmer” a pink-tinged red; “Sheen Green”, a lime base with sparkle, and more. Just like Crayola crayons themselves used to do, the color palette is here to get those creative juices flowing — just with nail art instead of a coloring book.
Aside from the news that children are now coloring with metallic crayons, the best part of the collection is the packaging. Bottles are designed to look like real Crayola crayons, with the brand’s iconic squiggle on every bottle. And just the way organizing all your crayons in ROYGBIV order was strangely satisfying, it’s particularly fun to line these cute bottles up in an orderly row.
The polishes are Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri formulation, which means they’re designed to dry in 60 seconds. That’s an especially good thing for those of us whose patience hasn’t improved since Kindergarten.
All twelve Sally Hansen Limited Edition Insta-Dri x Crayola Glam Rock polishes ($4.99) are available now at mass drugstore retailers.
- SAG Awards 2019 check out the full list of the winners
- Pat McGrath’s New FetishEyes Mascara Is Here, and It’s Perfect For Those Who Love Drama
- Innovative Mascaras Will Change the Way You Get Long, Full Lashes in 2019
- BFF Mascara Colourpop Is Launching Its First-Ever
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year