Ranveer Singh Love for films like Band Baaja Baaraat & Lootera are over 400 cr despite BO numbers
Ranveer Singh in an EXCLUSIVE interview with PINKVILLA opened up about Simmba’s success, Gully Boy, Deepika Padukone’s reaction and more. VIDEO INSIDE.
Ranveer Singh Love will next be seen in the movie Gully Boy where he steps into the shoes of a street rapper. The trailer for the movie released today and has already garnered positive reviews. The movie also stars Alia Bhatt and has been directed by Zoya Akhtar. Just two weeks before that, he has been roaring at the box office as Simmba with over Rs 200 crore business. We recently caught up with the handsome actor who was very elated with the success and was all pumped up looking forward to his next release.
Ranveer Singh Love
With back to back successes, 2018 and early 2019 is being called the “Era of Ranveer Singh.” When told the same, he smiled and did a little ‘balle balle’ and added, “It is nice to hear, it is lovely to hear, it has a nice ring to it. I like it,” and continued, “But I don’t fall prey to my own hype. I try and stay away from it very consciously. I feel like I am somebody who does not get carried away with success never get too bogged down by failure at the same time and I have seen both. I kind of have this middle path that I follow that keeps me sane and I am always looking forward to the next challenge, something new to stimulate me. I am actually not much result oriented, I don’t place a disproportionate value on the result of the film. For me, the process is the prize. For me, it is the greatest gift and greatest thing that I am an actor, that I go to film set and collaborate with such fine people and do what I love to do for the living. That’s the greatest thing. So, when these films become the blockbusters, it is sone pe suhaga.”
Further, we asked Ranveer if box office numbers matter to him over content and he wisely stated, “I guess it is a film to film basis. I don’t think it is right to say that numbers reflect the success of a movie. It is got to do with a lot of other things. There is a lasting memory of the film that holds more value in my opinion. Sometimes, there are films which come out and hit large numbers, there is a lot of hype, and people go to watch it but come out not necessarily loving it. There is no love for the film. For instance, when you see a film like Band Baaja Baaraat, it did like what Rs 22 crore something, Lootera another Rs 30 crore odd numbers but these are films which live on. The love, value of these films are over 400 crores.”
Not just that, the actor also opened up about his upcoming movie Gully Boy, his wife and actorDeepika Padukone‘s reaction to it and more. WATCH the complete INTERVIEW right here!
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year
- Zayn Malik thanks fans for birthday wishes as he shares a sexy AF selfie of himself
- Deepika Padukone is a vision in a monochrome outfit as she arrives from Doha
- Shah Rukh Khan opts out of Rakesh Sharma biopic Saare Jaahan Se Accha for Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3? Read Details
- Ranveer Singh praises wife again: Deepika is responsible for my success