Princess Eugenie Got Married in the Same $9 Essie Nail Polish Meghan Markle Wore for Her Wedding
Princess Eugenie of York is a documented nail-art fan who has worn reindeer and Union Jack nail art in the past
— and possibly scandalized the palace in the process. That means that alongside the speculation about which
designer she would choose for her wedding dress (Peter Pilotto) and whether she would wear a veil (she opted
for a tiara), it was also possible that she would show up at the St. George’s Chapel altar with bridal nail art.
As exciting as it would have been to see Princess Eugenie marry Jack Brooksbank in a reverse French tip or
pearl nail decals, she’s also a royal through and through. And royal blood means one thing when it comes to nail
polish: Essie Ballet Slippers.
According to Harper’s Bazaar, Princess Eugenie chose the neutral, sheer, pink shade for her big day. The choice
makes sense on multiple levels: First of all, Ballet Slippers is a beloved choice by brides everywhere due to its
ability to match with a white dress while still showing some soft, subtle color. But more importantly, Ballet
Slippers is reportedly the only nail polish that Queen Elizabeth approves of, and the only one HRH wears herself.
Over the years, it’s become the unofficial nail color of Kensington Palace. (Or even the official one, if you believe
the gossip that Queen Elizabeth won’t allow the royals to wear bright shades.) Best of all for us commoners, the
shade is only $9.
Meghan Markle reportedly also wore ballet slippers for her own wedding back in May, while Kate
Middleton kind of broke the mold on her wedding day with the shade Essie Allure, a different sheer pink.
We have no doubt that Princess Eugenie will be back to her old manicurist soon, but there’s something sweet in
such a traditional choice for her big day. (May we suggest some palm tree nail art for the honeymoon?)
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year
- Zayn Malik thanks fans for birthday wishes as he shares a sexy AF selfie of himself
- Deepika Padukone is a vision in a monochrome outfit as she arrives from Doha
- Shah Rukh Khan opts out of Rakesh Sharma biopic Saare Jaahan Se Accha for Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3? Read Details
- Ranveer Singh praises wife again: Deepika is responsible for my success