Jennifer Aniston Just Opened Up About Her ‘Very Successful’ Marriages to Brad Pitt & Justin Theroux
“That’s part of sexism—it’s always the woman who’s scorned and heartbroken and a spinster.”
- In a brand new interview with ELLE, Jennifer Aniston opens up about her two previous marriages, to Brad Pitt and Justin Theroux.
- When it comes to her ex-husbands, Aniston reveals, “My marriages, they’ve been very successful, in [my] personal opinion. And when they came to an end, it was a choice.”
- As well as talking about her new Netflix movie Dumplin’, Aniston discusses societal sexism, particularly in regard to the assumption that all women want children.
Jennifer Aniston is shutting down the persistent rumor mill that continually reports that she’s either pregnant or can’t find a man.
Aniston, of course, split from second husband Justin Theroux in February 2018, but as she tells ELLE, “I don’t feel a void. I really don’t.”And even though her marriages ended, Aniston doesn’t see them in a negative light. She explains, “My marriages, they’ve been very successful, in [my] personal opinion. And when they came to an end, it was a choice that was made because we chose to be happy, and sometimes happiness didn’t exist within that arrangement anymore. Sure, there were bumps, and not every moment felt fantastic, obviously, but at the end of it, this is our one life and I would not stay in a situation out of fear.”
And that’s not all. The Friends icon also wants to shift the perceptions of women who choose not to have children or get married. As she says, “We live in a society that messages women: By this age, you should be married; by this age, you should have children. That’s a fairy tale. That’s the mold we’re slowly trying to break out of.”
In case anyone was in any doubt, yes, Aniston is done with misogyny: “That’s part of sexism—it’s always the woman who’s scorned and heartbroken and a spinster. It’s never the opposite.”
I have a new Queen now.
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year
- Zayn Malik thanks fans for birthday wishes as he shares a sexy AF selfie of himself
- Deepika Padukone is a vision in a monochrome outfit as she arrives from Doha
- Shah Rukh Khan opts out of Rakesh Sharma biopic Saare Jaahan Se Accha for Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3? Read Details
- Ranveer Singh praises wife again: Deepika is responsible for my success