How to Get Rachel Brosnahan’s Holiday Smokey Eye From ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Season 2 Premiere
She’s back! Season two of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has arrived, and the stars of the Amazon Prime show turned out in NYC on Thursday, November 29, for the premiere. Star Rachel BrosnahanOpens a New Window. rocked a chic Elie Saab jumpsuit (the ultimate LBD alternative) at the event, but it was her sultry smokey eye that really caught our attention. Fortunately, we’ve got the scoop on exactly how to recreate the holiday party-worthy makeup look.
Celebrity makeup artist Lisa Aharon was responsible for the festive eye-centric style that she used Chantecaille products to create. After prepping the skin with a quick eye mask and moisturizer (i.e. the Chantecaille Gold Energizing Eye Recovery MasksOpens a New Window. and Rose de Mai CreamOpens a New Window.), she evened out her complexion with the brand’s Just SkinOpens a New Window. foundation. She set the base with the HD Perfecting Powder in UniversalOpens a New Window. and added that radiant flush with the Liquid Lumière cheek tint in LusterOpens a New Window. (a sunset pink).
From there, it was all about those pretty peepers. To start, she created the illusion of depth by applying the Lasting Eye Shade in CorianderOpens a New Window. (a matte brown) to the crease. She then layered the pearlescent Shine Eye Shade in TanzaniteOpens a New Window. (a jewel-tone violet) on the lids.
A coating of the Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash MascaraOpens a New Window. on the top and bottom lashes resulted in the flirty fringe, while a smudging of the Luster Glide Silk Infused Eye Liner in RavenOpens a New Window. (a jet black) added a bit more dimension. To keep the eye from looking too dark or heavy, she applied the Brightening Eye Kajal in NudeOpens a New Window. to the inner corners and waterline.
Finally, the makeup pro anchored the look by filling in Brosnahan’s brows with the Waterproof Brow DefinerOpens a New Window. where needed. In order to keep the attention squarely on the eyes, Aharon opted for a nude lip. She lined the pout with the Lip Definer in NuanceOpens a New Window. (a pinky beige) and layered the complementary Lip Veil in HoneypotOpens a New Window. (a rosy neutral) on top for a long-wearing finish.
So if you looking for a holiday makeup look that doesn’t involve a bright red lip or loads of highlighter, allow Brosnahan’s sexy smokey eye to be your guide.
- Khloé Kardashian Is Having So Much Fun Babysitting Chicago West in Cleveland
- Jennifer Aniston Just Opened Up About Her ‘Very Successful’ Marriages to Brad Pitt & Justin Theroux
- Hailey Baldwin Says Miley Cyrus Used to Be Her “Biggest Troll” When They Were Kids
- Meryl Streep Is Going to Become a Grandmother for the First Time
- The Bachelor Contestant Tracy Shapoff Apologizes for Her ‘Hurtful’ Tweets
- Catelynn Lowell Says She and Husband Tyler Baltierra Are ‘Not Getting a Divorce:’ ‘We Love Each Other and Always Will’
- Cardi B Avoids Arrest by Heading to Court After Her Split From Offset
- Mamie Gummer Is Pregnant With Her First Child
- Former MLB Player Jose Castillo and Free Agent Luis Valbuena Killed in Venezuela Car Crash
- Grammys 2019 Nominations: 5 Biggest Snubs and Surprises