Hilarious Viral Tweet Shows Woman With Manicure Modeling Her Cousin’s New Engagement Ring
Hilarious Viral There are two kinds of people in this world:
those who can’t go a day without a pristine manicure,
and those who don’t prioritize nail polish. The latter may occasionally have their nails painted,
but they have no problem going bare just as often, sometimes out of necessity.
A recent tweet that’s gone viral tells the funny and sweet story of a newly engaged woman in this particular category.
On November 3, Australian Twitter user @goodgaljenjen — real name Jenna — shared two photos, writing,
“My cousin’s boyfriend proposed to her but she didn’t have her nails done lmao.”
In the first photo, the kissing couple’s faces are partially blocked by what appears to be the new fiancée’s hand,
showing off her beautiful ring and red, squared-off manicure. The second photo,
however, shows that it’s all an illusion.
Jenna is actually on her knees behind her cousin, Diana, raising her arm and wearing the engagement ring to
help make the close-up shot look like her hand is actually Diana’s. Clearly, Jenna isn’t just a good cousin — she’s a great friend.
The tweet looks like it may hit a million likes soon, and it has collected thousands of replies.
“😂 i laughed for like ten mins at these pics,” one person wrote — a sentiment echoed by many.
Others tagged their friends to let them know they’d do the same for them. Not everyone was a fan of the idea,
though. “Nobody is putting my ring on but me,” one person wrote.
When Jenna saw how many people were liking and retweeting her photos,
she added to the thread to give them a little more context. “Diana is a nurse so she never has her nails done.
José planned this surprise proposal & couldn’t really get her to do her nails without raising suspicion
😂,” she wrote. “José convinced Diana that the celebration was for his parent’s wedding anniversary,
before getting on his knees and revealing that it was all really for her! My girl organised HER OWN proposal party,”
complete with a photographer who snapped the now-famous shots.
And we’ve got to give it to Jenna — in addition to being a great friend, she has the makings of a fantastic hand model. Someone get this woman an agent.
- SAG Awards 2019 check out the full list of the winners
- Pat McGrath’s New FetishEyes Mascara Is Here, and It’s Perfect For Those Who Love Drama
- Innovative Mascaras Will Change the Way You Get Long, Full Lashes in 2019
- BFF Mascara Colourpop Is Launching Its First-Ever
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year