Grammys 2019 Nominations: 5 Biggest Snubs and Surprises
Grammys 2019 The nominations for the 2019 Grammy Awards were announced on Friday, December 7, and the artists honored in the major categories include Cardi B, Drake, Kendrick Lamar and Lady Gaga. But surprisingly, some of the biggest and most talented names in music were snubbed.
The pop star, 25, scored two nominations (Best Pop Vocal Album for Sweetenerand Best Pop Solo Performance for “God Is a Woman”), but she came up empty-handed in the top categories. Sweetener has been dominating streaming platforms since its August release, and many critics predicted that it would be recognized in the Album of the Year category. Grande’s hit single “No Tears Left to Cry” also went completely unnoticed. Her latest, “Thank U, Next,” didn’t score any nods either, but that’s because it dropped after the eligibility period.
With 31 past Grammy nominations and 10 wins under her belt, the country-turned-pop superstar, 28, was surprisingly overlooked this year. Reputationreceived a nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album, but that’s it. Sure, the record wasn’t as acclaimed as Red and 1989, but at least one of its singles (Remember “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Delicate,” anyone?) should have been nominated.
The hip-hop legend, 35, unleashed some of her fiercest tracks to date on her album Queen, but she was completely shut out of the list of nominees. Meanwhile, her rival Cardi, 26, landed five nods, including Album of the Year for Invasion of Privacy and Record of the Year for “I Like It.” Ouch.
The rapper, 26, released the bestselling album of his career yet and even admitted that he had the Grammys in mind when he recorded it. Despite hit collaborations with Drake and John Mayer, Astroworld did not earn any major nominations. Scott (who shares 10-month-old daughter Stormi with girlfriend Kylie Jenner) was recognized in three of the four rap categories, though.
Boy banders Nick Carter, AJ McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson captured their first nomination in 17 years with Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”
- Khloé Kardashian Is Having So Much Fun Babysitting Chicago West in Cleveland
- Jennifer Aniston Just Opened Up About Her ‘Very Successful’ Marriages to Brad Pitt & Justin Theroux
- Hailey Baldwin Says Miley Cyrus Used to Be Her “Biggest Troll” When They Were Kids
- Meryl Streep Is Going to Become a Grandmother for the First Time
- The Bachelor Contestant Tracy Shapoff Apologizes for Her ‘Hurtful’ Tweets
- Catelynn Lowell Says She and Husband Tyler Baltierra Are ‘Not Getting a Divorce:’ ‘We Love Each Other and Always Will’
- Cardi B Avoids Arrest by Heading to Court After Her Split From Offset
- Mamie Gummer Is Pregnant With Her First Child
- Former MLB Player Jose Castillo and Free Agent Luis Valbuena Killed in Venezuela Car Crash
- Grammys 2019 Nominations: 5 Biggest Snubs and Surprises