Grammys 2019 Nominations: 5 Biggest Snubs and Surprises
Grammys 2019 The nominations for the 2019 Grammy Awards were announced on Friday, December 7, and the artists honored in the major categories include Cardi B, Drake, Kendrick Lamar and Lady Gaga. But surprisingly, some of the biggest and most talented names in music were snubbed.
The pop star, 25, scored two nominations (Best Pop Vocal Album for Sweetenerand Best Pop Solo Performance for “God Is a Woman”), but she came up empty-handed in the top categories. Sweetener has been dominating streaming platforms since its August release, and many critics predicted that it would be recognized in the Album of the Year category. Grande’s hit single “No Tears Left to Cry” also went completely unnoticed. Her latest, “Thank U, Next,” didn’t score any nods either, but that’s because it dropped after the eligibility period.
With 31 past Grammy nominations and 10 wins under her belt, the country-turned-pop superstar, 28, was surprisingly overlooked this year. Reputationreceived a nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album, but that’s it. Sure, the record wasn’t as acclaimed as Red and 1989, but at least one of its singles (Remember “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Delicate,” anyone?) should have been nominated.
The hip-hop legend, 35, unleashed some of her fiercest tracks to date on her album Queen, but she was completely shut out of the list of nominees. Meanwhile, her rival Cardi, 26, landed five nods, including Album of the Year for Invasion of Privacy and Record of the Year for “I Like It.” Ouch.
The rapper, 26, released the bestselling album of his career yet and even admitted that he had the Grammys in mind when he recorded it. Despite hit collaborations with Drake and John Mayer, Astroworld did not earn any major nominations. Scott (who shares 10-month-old daughter Stormi with girlfriend Kylie Jenner) was recognized in three of the four rap categories, though.
Boy banders Nick Carter, AJ McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson captured their first nomination in 17 years with Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.”
- SAG Awards 2019 check out the full list of the winners
- Pat McGrath’s New FetishEyes Mascara Is Here, and It’s Perfect For Those Who Love Drama
- Innovative Mascaras Will Change the Way You Get Long, Full Lashes in 2019
- BFF Mascara Colourpop Is Launching Its First-Ever
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year