Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
Fashion rules As time goes by, rules tend to change. But rules are made to be broken, and none more so than those that dictate what we can and cannot wear, and also those rules that once no one was expected to disobey, in the name of “good taste and manners”. It is 2019, but still there are times and places that demand modesty and formality, but our wardrobes are less restricted than ever before.
Fashion trends are the most fun to follow. It lets us be a part of a creative vision of fashion designers who continue to challenge, question and reshape the societal aesthetic. But at the end of the day, what we wear is entirely up to us. So, take some help to understand what is totally out of date and most definitely out of style.
Your bags and shoes must always match
Bags and footwear no longer needs to be matching. We are far off from that time when women invested in a matching set that would be procured to last for all seasons, all occasions and invitations. Today, its more fun and realistic to pair chunky trainers with a ladylike clutch, high-heel stilettos with a mom-bag. But please don’t completely disregard the allure of a matching set.There is some edginess about purposefully pairing a colour-bright footwear with an identical bag, it can be sort of a styling choice but not an everyday rule to dress by.
Heels are a must to complete a dress
Flats are now as chic and classy as the party/dress heels. There is nothing more disgraceful than the pain inflicted on the wearer and the unsightly limp. Go with flats for a fresh and easy go on formalwear.
Never wear black and navy together
Black and navy is quite simply the chicest colour pairing that can be possibly combined. A soft knit navy sweater with black skinnies and loafers is an absolute power pack of elegance and ease.
You should never mix metals
Gold, silver or bronze? Chuck the old rule that one must only wear a single metal at once. Embrace the new mixing and matching, piling and layering with confidence. Do this and you’ll instantly realise that combination of metals actually complements each other and will add a massive appeal to your look.
Use one print at a time
So dull! Do not wear just one single pattern, but mix stripes with polka dots, floral and abstract motifs. A true cocktail of colours and patterns. Find the right balance choosing patterns accurately and try to get a dominating hue to create visual harmony.
Feeling motivated to break some fashion rules? Comment below and let us know.
- What? David Beckham’s fashion brand suffers a tremendous loss worth 10.7 million euros
- Miley Cyrus wishes hubby Liam Hemsworth with a sweet love letter on his 29th Birthday
- Janhvi Kapoor meets a fan who has her name inked; watch her reaction
- Fashion rules you should NEVER follow
- Style one handbag in three different ways; here’s how to do it
- Style resolutions we’re trying this year
- Zayn Malik thanks fans for birthday wishes as he shares a sexy AF selfie of himself
- Deepika Padukone is a vision in a monochrome outfit as she arrives from Doha
- Shah Rukh Khan opts out of Rakesh Sharma biopic Saare Jaahan Se Accha for Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3? Read Details
- Ranveer Singh praises wife again: Deepika is responsible for my success